Job Code - EC0580
Position: Director of Sales, Data Center Solutions NA
· Function: Sales
· Country: USA
· Location: Bay Area , CA
· Sales leader role for selling Data Center Solutions to large and hyper scale data center customers including Fiber Optic Cable Assemblies, Connectivity and Optical Transceivers.
· The Director of Sales will drive the company’s achievement of its annual and long-term revenue and margin of Data Center Solutions NA.
· The Director of Sales is responsible for the direction and management of Data Center Solutions NA sales team including key account management and marketing programs management for channel and implementer programs.
· Role will be responsible for the development of sales and the implementation of marketing strategies set forth by the Company focusing on penetrating global financial, colocation providers and hyper-scale data center customers. Key to this position will be the ability to leverage industry and client relationship skills within the hyper-scale data center market while leveraging NDS product portfolio to formulate and deliver solutions.
Areas of responsibility
· Lead, manage and drive NDS key account activities within the USA and internationally as appropriate.
· Establish high-level customer contacts and relationships with a specific focus on hyper-scale data center customers. Develop Key Account strategies and plans for selling engineered cabling solutions and physical infrastructure components and expand vertical focus in large and hyper-scale data centers.
· Assess individual and organizational strengths and weaknesses, staffing requirements, and develop plans resulting in an account-based sales organization with “best-in-class” employees.
· Develop differentiated programs utilizing the Company brands represented within Data Center market. Proactively market contracts and programs to customer base where appropriate.
· Work with global sales management to develop an effective coordinated sales strategy for assigned or targeted multi-region, multi-national and global Data Center accounts. Collaborate to maximize revenue and margin.
· Work closely with both the Company Leadership Team to develop, establish, and direct channel and implementer strategies and programs.
· Work closely with Director of Product Management to oversee the cohesion between product management and operations and to affirm optimization of visibility and transparency of strategic customer trends.
· Provide key information for annual operating plans, long-term strategic plans and other business projects.
· Develop forecasts for annual and strategic planning and develop methodologies to assess leading indicators to facilitate improved forecasting models.
· Developing a strong understanding of the Compnay competitive position and counter-strategies.
· Drive future Data Center segment sales through investigation and recommendations on new products, markets, and technologies that affect the company’s strategic direction.
· Collaborate cross-functionally to help drive execution of overall Global DC sales plan throughout the organization.
· Utilize professional consultative sales expertise to conduct business analysis to develop, present and implement customized business solutions to each targeted Account.
· Responsible for expansion of business within targeted accounts with all NDS physical infrastructure products.
· Conduct monthly and quarterly business reviews and provide regular feedback to NDS management on sales potential and other important activities within Data Center market.
· Utilize key channel and implementer relationships to enhance market/product intelligence as well as sales.
· Team of Strategic Account Managers
· Customer Service Manager
Required skills and qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in a business administration, marketing, or technical discipline required, MBA is preferred.
· 10 – 15 years of sales leadership responsibility in Data Center Cabling Infrastructure, or peripheral industry, with a proven track-record in developing new business.
· A solid understanding of hyper-scale data center market: products, players, technologies. Excellent key account contacts in related markets with a specific focus on large and hyper scale data center customers (e.g. Google) is highly desirable.
· Strong planning, financial, and analytical skills and proven ability to apply these with deft business acumen to complex situations with competing priorities.
· Must have strong business development, customer orientation, and strategic selling skills to the C-suite. Proven ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions that exceeds expectations.
· Excellent networking, communication, negotiation, closing, and persuasion skills – verbal, written and presentations.
· Matrix management experience – ability to interact effectively with all levels in an organization, domestically and internationally.
· Demonstrated motivation for sales and the ability to identify customer needs and meet sales goals.
· Resume to; Jobs@electroniccareers.com