Job Code - EC0579
· Function: Sales
· Country: USA
· Location: San Francisco, CA
· Strategic Account Management role for selling Data Center Solutions to large and hyper scale data center customers including Cable Assemblies, Connectivity and Optical Transceivers.
· Role will be responsible for the development of sales and the implementation of marketing strategies set forth by NDS focusing on penetrating global financial, colocation providers and hyper-scale data center end-user customers. Key to this position will be the ability to leverage industry and client relationship skills within the hyper-scale data center market while leveraging the product portfolio to formulate and deliver differentiated solutions.
Areas of responsibility
· Lead, manage, collaborate and drive cross-functional activities for targeted strategic accounts within the USA and internationally as appropriate to achieve annual and strategic targets.
· Work with global sales teams and business development management to develop an effective coordinated sales strategy for targeted multi-national and global Data Center accounts. Collaborate to maximize revenue and margin.
· Develop differentiated programs utilizing solutions and brands represented Data Center Solutions. Proactively market contracts and programs to customer base where appropriate.
· Utilize professional consultative sales expertise to conduct business analysis to develop, present, and implement customized business solutions for each targeted account. Create customer partnerships that rely on product/solution collaboration and trust.
· Establish high-level customer contacts and relationships with a specific focus on hyper-scale data center customers. Develop Key Account strategies and plans for selling engineered cabling solutions and physical infrastructure components and expand vertical focus in large and hyper-scale data centers.
· Responsible for expansion of business within targeted accounts with all products and solutions.
· Utilize key industry, channel and implementer relationships to enhance market/product intelligence as well as sales revenue.
· Provide regular customer input and market feedback to Product Management to guide development of Data Center Solutions product and services portfolio.
· Explore opportunities in various vertical applications within the global financial, colocation provider and hyper-scale data center markets.
· Prepare annual sales forecasts and account business plans in support of company objectives.
· Conduct monthly business development reviews and provide regular feedback to management on sales potential and other important activities within Data Center market. Utilize CRM to manage opportunities and target account development.
· Developing a strong understanding of competitive position and counter-strategies.
· Position Company products for Data Center Solutions and for success.
· Drive activities with target accounts.
· Achieve sales and margin targets.
· No direct reports, but matrix team including customer and technical service.
Required skills and qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in a business administration, sales/marketing or related field. MBA is preferred.
· Minimum of 10 years in a consultative sales role in Data Center Cabling Infrastructure or peripheral industry, with a proven track-record in developing new accounts and achieving sales goals.
· A solid understanding of hyper-scale data center market: products, players, technologies. Excellent key account contacts in related markets with a specific focus on large and hyper scale data center customers.
· Strong planning, financial, and analytical skills and proven ability to apply these with deft business acumen to complex situations with competing priorities.
· Must have strong business development, customer orientation, and demonstrated strategic selling skills to the C-suite. Proven ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions that exceeds expectations.
· Excellent networking, communication, organizational, negotiation, closing, and persuasion skills.
· Strong leadership skills and matrix management experience – ability to lead cross-functional teams and interact effectively with all levels in a global organization.
· Demonstrated motivation for sales and the ability to identify customer needs and meet sales goals.
· Strong prospecting, account management and sales planning (forecasting and funnel management) skills including the demonstrated ability to manage complex issues involving account development and program enhancement.
· Must maintain the image and integrity of the Company with our clients, consultants, and strategic partners.
· PC proficiency including CRM and MS Office.
· This position requires extensive travel.
· Resume to; Jobs@electroniccareers.com